The game!

Monday 30 July 2012

Arrivals

Howdy!

Defiant Gaming have come through again.  In the evening of Wednesday, I put in an order for Lowie and myself.  This morning at the post office, TA DA! it was waiting for me...

This is the order: Lowie's PanO stuff (Military Orders starter) to the side there, along with a mini for his new Shadowrun character; mine is centre and left (Ariadna and Haqqislam starters; Halqa, Foxtrot Ranger sniper and S.A.S. blisters).  I put together the minis in the blisters almost immediately, and was quite impressed with the quality.  No flash except at injection points, hardly any mould lines either (and where they were there, they were along places where they were barely visible anyway).  The Halqa chick was the most difficult to put together - her weapon arm and supporting arm are two pieces, so a little manoeuvring was needed to get them to fit the body.  I'll probably use some of the GW Liquid Greenstuff to fill the small gaps that remain.  The other slightly tricksy model was the S.A.S. guy.  His knife blade is very thin, and there was a good tag on it from the mould, which I had to carve off.  With a lot of care, however, it all went well.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do the boxed figures tonight, but no promises.  I'm also holding Lowie's minis prisoner until tomorrow.  So there.

And I'm very much looking forward to testing out this game.  If you've played the game before, how are the Quick Start Rules?  Useful?  Or a waste of time?

Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment