The game!

Friday 27 July 2012

Factions Attack!

Alright then!

I told you all I would be posting in a little mo detail about my choice of faction(s) and the reasons for choosing the way I did. I've just received word that the order of all the minis (Lowie and I ordered together to save on postage through Defiant Gaming. Worked out to be free! Woot!) is actually on its way, which means, knowing the mob there, that the minis will be here mid-next week or so.

I've been using Defiant Gaming for a long while now, ever since I finished up with my 40K armies (Eldar and vanilla Space Marines) and switched to Warmachine (Cygnar and then Retribution) and Hordes (Trollbloods). They've always been really good to work with.

Maybe another time I'll answer the question made famous by the guys at the d6 Generation: "Are you now, or have you ever been, a gamer?" But that's a bit off-topic for this evening!

The game of Infinity has been around a while - I've always liked the look of it, but was scared off from trying it because a friend of mine had said it was too complex. It still looks quite complex, to the point where my beloved wouldn't touch it, but I think with a fellow gamer to learn the rules with, it will work out fine.

And the minis are gorgeous. Seriously, they're wonderful. So much variety, so many different visual styles. That's one of the things that made choosing a faction so difficult. Where do you start? Fortunately, despite its anime tendencies, I'm not a fan of scantily-clad female warriors, nor ones in tight-fitting figure-hugging garb. So this cut down my options a little. Ariadna seem to be quite sensibly clothed, which is a relief, and the Scottish vibe resonated with me (especially after seeing Brave!). The other two factions that called to me were Combined Army, whom I originally looked at them for a crew for AE:Bounty, a game put out by Darkson Designs, and Haqqislam, who are also quite modestly and functionally dressed!

Really, all the factions have their share of amazing models. The Cutter TAGs for the PanOceania are nice, the bots for the Nomads, etc. those three factions, however, really were my short list.

That done, I enlisted the aid of Mrs Cohen to choose the final one. She liked the look of the Ariadna and the Haqqislam, so that narrowed it some more. I couldn't give up the urge to get TAGs though, which Ariadna don't have. Thus, the Haqqislamites it was. I did in the end cave and get both though. Oops. Double the painting, double the work.

That will do for now. Hopefully we'll have the kinks worked out for Lowie to join us soon.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment