The game!

Sunday 29 July 2012

New Aliens on the block


    I've always liked the Infinity range of miniatures, with their distinctive flavour and animated poses.  So when Cohen and Lowie mentioned how they were getting into it, I jumped at the chance to join in.  As a long time player of Warhammer 40,000, my forrays into other game systems has been somewhat limited.  So with a limited knowledge of the rules, I set about choosing my list with the main focus being on what I thought looked awesome.

   
 I decided on a Combined Army, specifically a Morat Aggression Force.  Something about the Morat and their totally blunt, aggressive nature spoke to me.  These guys are unashamed in the brutal way they conduct war, and always play to win.


The Kurgat with Autocannon miniature leapt out at my instantly.  What more could any self-respecting soldier want then a firearm bigger then himself that fire explosive ammunition?

    Because we were starting small at 150 points, taking the Autocannon limited my choices of Lieutenant somewhat.  I decided to go with a Yaogat Lieutenant with Combi-rifle, along with a Yaogat armed with a Boarding Shotgun.  The intimidation factor of a shotgun always inspires confidence in me, so now with what I perceived as a strong core, I decided to fill out my starting list with some grunts.
    Three Morat Vanguard Infantry with Combi-rifles will help boost my numbers and stop me being swarmed by my opponents.  I look forward to expanding my list with some HMG totting Morats in the coming months, but for now am ready to start assembling my beginning force, time to wait at the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment