The game!

Monday 6 August 2012

Doom!

Hey there!

Just a small update today.  I went shopping at the local Kmart and found some interesting things...

These two bags held some interesting stuff.  I'd been keeping an eye on them (read: coveting...) for ages, mainly the construction set one, and mainly for a game called Pulp City (which can be found here: http://pulp-city.com).  It's a great little game, smaller than Infinity in terms of both model count and board size, since you can play with 2-4 minis on a 2x2 board and still have a decent game.  Finally I've caved and bought the two bags - it's cheap Chinese plastic stuff, but there are things in there that will fill a board.

I divided the two packs into stuff I could use and not (see the pics below; usable on the right, unusable on the left).  There was almost a whole bag of stuff that was the wrong scale or just too bad to use.  The mountain in the right picture is pretty cool, or would be if it was made of sturdier plastic.  But, for the price I paid, I didn't go too badly!  (Mrs Cohen might disagree!)


This should be enough to further populate our tables with some LoF blocking items, meaning that the units in the battle will be able to move around a bit more freely.  There are a bunch of brick walls, sandbag walls, rocks and some objective-like pieces, like the artillery cannons and the missile launchers.  I think we can come up with some decent scenarios to make use of them!  There were also a bunch of tall lamps and traffic lights which might be useful on urban tables.  I've got some cork tiles that I was thinking of using to make buildings from... now's the time!

I thought I should save the tanks, though, for my Flames of War playing colleagues.  What say you, guys?  Are they good enough for Flames of War?  Okay, so maybe not!  The other amusing items were these two feet.  I couldn't actually find the figures they belonged to, so I'm assuming they are there for scenery use... maybe to mark mines or something?

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment