The game!

Thursday 2 August 2012

Starters, Assemble(d)!

Hey there,

A couple of days back I said the minis had arrived, and Lowie's progress has been evidence of that!  Now to show off my 'evidence'...

First up is the Haqqislam mob.  My 150pt list is two Ghulam Infantry; two Halqa, one a hacker; one Janissary; one Naffatûn with a light flamethrower; and a Hunzakut with sniper rifle.

Putting them together was a task fraught with danger... well, super glue, anyway.  A couple of the minis were a real pain.  Although you can't really tell from this angle, the sniper's rifle is too high, and looks a little awkward from the other side.  A couple of the joints didn't fit correctly, and the Janissary's gun-arm was a pain - the tag from moulding was too big for the joint.  Took a bit of carving to get it to sit right.

I'm looking forward to using the Mechanised Deployment skill on the Halqa, especially if we're going to play scenarios other than just shooting one another!  And the flame template looks like it will be enjoyable too!

I do still need to tidy up all the bases on the models, and that goes for the Ariadna troops too.  I noticed on Lowie's last post that he'd used greenstuff (from GW?) to fill the gaps in the bases.  Honestly, that had never occurred to me to try, so I'll have a go, along with filling in gaps in the minis themselves (which are only small but if I neglect them, I'll be kicking myself when I start to paint.

Then the Ariadna minis.  I'm torn with these guys.  I like their poses better I think, and I like the underdog status they have when it comes to their technology.  It's going to be harder to slog it out with the other factions in the short term, but I bought an HMG along with my 150pt force, so I should be fine!

The 150pt list is this: 3 regular Line Kazaks with rifles, and another with the aforementioned HMG; one Veteran Kazak with a T2 rifle; one Chasseur with rifle and flamethrower; and a Foxtrot Ranger with sniper rifle.  I was a little disappointed with the sniper - she's pencil-thin.  I can't imagine her firing her rifle; it would knock her over.  Mrs Cohen's comment was, "Why do the girls always have such weird butts?"  And I had to agree... it was odd.

These guys were less tricksy to put together, which was nice.  Although the Highlander Grey was 5 pieces, they all came together reasonably easy.  The picture above shows the 10-man crew hanging out together. I've since been given another Ariadna mini, a Caledonian Volunteer, which Skorpious had in surplus, after buying a blister to get the chick with the grenade launcher for his 40K Imperial Guard army.  Thanks, Skorpious!  (Although he insists the guy is a girl, due to the fact he's wearing a 'skirt'... someone Scottish will kill you one day, mark my words!)

We might have some initial thoughts about the rules and game-play after Saturday afternoon ('arvo' in Australian), but for now, that's enough.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment